Tracking

Saturday 18 June 2011

Weekly Roundup

Well, it's been a bad week in the markets with the Greek debt crisis. My portfolio is down 30% as are many other peoples'. I just read an interesting article stating that a number of hedge funds are going long on gold and short on gold miners! There was a similar situation to this in 2008 and it recovered about 7 months later. I am not panicking and not selling any shares at a loss as I don't need to realise the cash at the moment.

June is the month when there should be news from a number of companies and there is only 2 weeks left so I am hoping for a little excitement soon. I am expecting news on PTCM, PINN, BMR and RRR are committed to giving an update RNS every fortnight!

VOG is slumped down around 4p when it should be approaching 7p but in Q4 the situation should improve dramatically. It is interesting to note that Cameroon are keen to develop industry in the country and for that VOG are well positioned to supply gas for factories and homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment