Tracking

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Happy New Year

So, whilst the rest of the world was trading on Monday, London was on holiday. Yesterday was pretty boring from my point of view, with only a little movement from Low and Bonar. Today didn't start much better but things began to warm up in the afternoon. At about 4pm Low and Bonar were at 52p and showing me a small profit so I decided that I would sell. Whether that was the right decision only time will tell!
So in the last half hour of the session I was browsing through the LSE site and not particularly interested in buying any more shares straightaway. However, my eyes fell on Porta Comms PTMC which is a newly floated company, formerly TSE Sports Consultants. They were at 0.3p so I decided that I bought put a limit bid in for 300000 shares at 0.29p. With 2 minutes to go, my order still hadn’t been fulfilled, so I cancelled it and placed a market order and got them at 0.292p! I was very pleased and even more pleased that TD Waterhouse had reduced my costs to £8.95.
Apparently some brokers are targeting this share at 1.5p but I would be happy with 0.6p. We will see.
Interesting to note that over the holiday period SRES touched 7p!! Considering I bought SRES at 1p and sold just over 2p, I should be kicking myself but I was pleased with my profit so I don't think I have anything to grumble about. I hope SRES continue to do well but I don't think I will be reinvesting.
Today the other excitement was that VOG were up 15% to 6.3p. That is 50% profit on my original stake and not far from being in profit on my recent top up. Just waiting for the licence and we might make my target of 10p.

No comments:

Post a Comment