Tracking

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Learning how to trade!

Yesterday morning I went out and all my shares were quiet. When I came back a litlle later EDL had gone bonkers and had gone from 0.85p to 1.2p. I thought that this was good as I was well in profit and hoped that it would continue. At the end of the day EDL was the most traded share, with over 180M shares traded. The final closing price was 1.03p. Ok I was in profit but it occurred to me that what I should have done was to sell at 1.2p and buy back at 1.03p thereby increasing my holding as I have no spare cash at the moment. Of course if I had sold and it continued to go up I might have looked silly but I would have made a profit. With this in mind, I thought that the sp might move again today so I made a limit sell order for 1.35p. That would give me 33% profit and I might be able to buy back on a retrace. Well the sp got to 1.2 but not the 1.35p I wanted and there was virtually no retrace! The sell order was only for 1 day so tomorrow I am going to make another order for 1.4p. I think that I will keep increasing it until it sells and then to try to buy back in on a retrace. If it doesn't sell, its not a problem. If it does then I make more money. I'll try it and watch the results.
Greencore issued an RNS today saying that they had bought a sandwich business in the US so they seem keen on expanding. I hope it is reflected in the sp!

No comments:

Post a Comment