Tracking

Friday 5 November 2010

Interesting lesson!

On Wednesday  tried to buy some Biome (BIOM) shares at 0.2p and had an order in just for the day. I wasn't successful so tried again yesterday morning but after a couple of hours the sp moved up and away from 0.2p so I cancelled my order. Today there was an RNS and the sp went up to 0.29p then returned to 0.23p by lunchtime. The quantity I was interested in wouldn't have made much profit so I lost nothing.
Instead I bought some Edenville (EDL) for 0.88p and in the afternoon someone bought 25M shares!! Today the sp has gone up 0.02p to 0.9p so perhaps I made the right decision. If I sell any shares soon then I will buy some Biome as I am interested in green energy.
I am also closely watching Bank of Ireland(BKIR) as not so long ago it was €1.40 and recently it has been in the 0.5 - 0.6 range. However, today it was down to €0.45 and I think it will fall further because of the situation in Ireland. However, when I get some more dosh then I will be buying these as they will recover and today's price is very good. Long term this will make money.

No comments:

Post a Comment