Tracking

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Lots of excitement !!!

The second share I bought was Victoria Oil and Gas (VOG) and having held it since March, it finally showed I was in profit last Friday. I am not getting very excited as it is currently at 4,5p and I have a sell order in for 10p. The company has discovered gas onshore in Cameroon and when it receives a licence for exploitation everyone expects the share to rise. Currently there is a lot of excitement on the BB and it amuses me that the same thing can be found on other BBs where there has been some movement.One thing I have learned is not to get too excited. Everything that goes up, will come down. It may come down a little and then go back up but nothing moves in a dead straight line up!
There have also been some very sad sights with ROK, a building company going into administration. Reading the BB it was plain that many investors have lost money, some- a lot of money. Also, reading the YELL site there are a lot of worried investors there as the sp keeps falling and some keep raising the spectre of administration. What I find irritating is people who are not invested, rubbing the noses of people who are invested. Why??
Whilst I am waiting for funds to arrive from the sale of one of my shares I am looking for the next share to invest in. Looking at some of the technical analyses of variou shares, it amazes me that some companies are still in existence and some people want to invest in them. Before investing PLEASE READ THE FINANCIALS before buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment