Tracking

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Pitfalls

After I had made my first trade, I was reading the LSE BB keenly. I don't know how it happened but I stumbled across Victoria Oil and Gas (VOG) and the view was that they had just made a gas discovery in Cameroon and this was going to shoot up so better get in quick. I had a brief look and they had discovered gas and the share price had risen to 4.2p so I persuaded my wife to lend me £1000 and I invested £2200 in 50000 shares! I was going to make a lot of money very quickly. WRONG!!!
Immediately after buying the price started to drop and kept dropping. Then they needed more money for various work in the Cameroon so they issued more shares, and the price went down. All along some people were saying that this was temporary and it would shoot up soon, whilst others were saying it was a dog and would never make any money.
One thing I have learnt is that to deal in shares you need patience and sometimes lots of it. So, you don't make a loss until you sell therefore, I held. Now about 7 months later it is back to near my buy price and I am just waiting for news that the exploitation licence has been granted and the sp should go up. However, there are some who feel the price will drop but I am still holding and have a sell target of 10p. I was seduced by the thought that I must get in quick or I wouldn't make any money, I didn't do enough research and as such my money has been tied up for 7 months and I haven't made a penny.
Yesterday, I bought some more Sunrise Resources shares(SRES). I already have some of these and now I have about 40000. I bought my first ones at 1.0p and yesterday they cost me 1.499p. I am hoping for some good news on a Barite mine in Ireland, and have a selling target of 2.6p. We will have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment