Tracking

Friday 12 November 2010

What an interesting day!

I woke up this morning to find that the telephone and ADSL were not working. Rang SFR to find there was a problem with the line and they were working on it. I had no idea what was happening in the markets until the afternoon when it came back on. Then I found that VOG was up to 5.6p but more interestingly Sunrise Resources SRES had been over 2p in the day. Yesterday I had a sell order for 1.9p just for 1 day. I got on to TD Waterhouse website and put a limit order for 2.1p. I checked several times and althought the Ask price was over 2.1p the Bid price wasn't. I wondered whether I should cancel my order  and sell at market but I decided patience was better. I didn't need to sell the shares so I could afford to wait until it hit my target. Next time I checked it showed that the order had been executed and I had made 42% profit on a 6 week investment. I was very pleased, much better than the bank!
At the end of the day VOG finished at 5.77p which was very pleasing but Edenville Energy had been the second highest traded share of the day with 2 delayed trades  equalling 78M! However, the sp hadn't fallen much but it does beg the question - what is going on?
Now the key thing is what to reinvest in. I am torn between Leeds Petroleum(LDP), topping up Edenville and buying Bank of Ireland(BKIR). So far I have decided on BKIR although I may change my mind before the market opens on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment