Tracking

Showing posts with label Sunrise Resources. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Sunrise Resources. Show all posts

Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Happy New Year

So, whilst the rest of the world was trading on Monday, London was on holiday. Yesterday was pretty boring from my point of view, with only a little movement from Low and Bonar. Today didn't start much better but things began to warm up in the afternoon. At about 4pm Low and Bonar were at 52p and showing me a small profit so I decided that I would sell. Whether that was the right decision only time will tell!
So in the last half hour of the session I was browsing through the LSE site and not particularly interested in buying any more shares straightaway. However, my eyes fell on Porta Comms PTMC which is a newly floated company, formerly TSE Sports Consultants. They were at 0.3p so I decided that I bought put a limit bid in for 300000 shares at 0.29p. With 2 minutes to go, my order still hadn’t been fulfilled, so I cancelled it and placed a market order and got them at 0.292p! I was very pleased and even more pleased that TD Waterhouse had reduced my costs to £8.95.
Apparently some brokers are targeting this share at 1.5p but I would be happy with 0.6p. We will see.
Interesting to note that over the holiday period SRES touched 7p!! Considering I bought SRES at 1p and sold just over 2p, I should be kicking myself but I was pleased with my profit so I don't think I have anything to grumble about. I hope SRES continue to do well but I don't think I will be reinvesting.
Today the other excitement was that VOG were up 15% to 6.3p. That is 50% profit on my original stake and not far from being in profit on my recent top up. Just waiting for the licence and we might make my target of 10p.

Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Patience

We have had some boring days of late where not a lot has happened. Yesterday was exciting because for no apparent reason TSTR was up 17% on the day and I was in profit. Many of the people on the BB thought that there would be an RNS on the drilling results today but no.I am hoping that the price will rise so that I can sell out and go back into EDL or SRES prior to some news on them.
One thing that I have noticed seems to be becoming more prevalent is the abuse on the BBs. If we assume that everybody is posting and wants to make some money, then I fail to understand why it is necessary to be abusive to others on the BB. This seems to happen all the time although with some of my shares, there are very few posts and when that is the case, everyone is very pleasant.
VOG is dropping slowly and today closed below 5p so that is a little worrying. Everyone is waiting for the licence but there seems no sign of it. The sp is now very close to the last issue price of new shares. As I have said before, I would like to sell before year end for tax reasons but I would like to sell ata areasonable profit.

Friday, 12 November 2010

What an interesting day!

I woke up this morning to find that the telephone and ADSL were not working. Rang SFR to find there was a problem with the line and they were working on it. I had no idea what was happening in the markets until the afternoon when it came back on. Then I found that VOG was up to 5.6p but more interestingly Sunrise Resources SRES had been over 2p in the day. Yesterday I had a sell order for 1.9p just for 1 day. I got on to TD Waterhouse website and put a limit order for 2.1p. I checked several times and althought the Ask price was over 2.1p the Bid price wasn't. I wondered whether I should cancel my order  and sell at market but I decided patience was better. I didn't need to sell the shares so I could afford to wait until it hit my target. Next time I checked it showed that the order had been executed and I had made 42% profit on a 6 week investment. I was very pleased, much better than the bank!
At the end of the day VOG finished at 5.77p which was very pleasing but Edenville Energy had been the second highest traded share of the day with 2 delayed trades  equalling 78M! However, the sp hadn't fallen much but it does beg the question - what is going on?
Now the key thing is what to reinvest in. I am torn between Leeds Petroleum(LDP), topping up Edenville and buying Bank of Ireland(BKIR). So far I have decided on BKIR although I may change my mind before the market opens on Monday.

Thursday, 11 November 2010

Another RNS !!

Woke up late this morning and found another RNS from Sunrise Resources SRES, this caused a rise in share price of about 13%. After the barite results last week, they have now started drilling for gold in Long Lake, Canada. Certainly, for a small company they are having a go and I hope they are successful. Results are due in 6-8 weeks time!
After the excitement of the last few days at VOG, the share price (sp) continues to stay over 5p. It was intreresting to read the views of Broker Man Daniel on VOG
http://brokermandaniel.com/2010/11/11/victoria-oil-gas-fireworks-update/
I would be delighted if the sp gets to double figures as I will be selling my shares. I will then try to get back in on any dip in price but this time using my UK dealer.
Currently I have 7 different shares and my aim is to have a share in each market sector. I have taken the market sectors from British Bulls, http://www.britishbulls.com/, and as such there are 14 different sectors. It does mean that my investment in each share is small but also the overall risk is reduced. The other side of the coin is that the potential for big gains is reduced!

Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Today's RNS

Well today I received a Regulatory News Service(RNS) in my email from Investigate http://www.investegate.co.uk/index.aspx?sector=AIM  
giving good results on the barite mine in Ireland. I was looking forward to seeing the share price go up and shortly after the market opening it did indeed go up. I have my sell target as 2.6p and it got to 1.9p before going down again. This was mainly as lots of people were taking profit. The question is "Should I have sold at 1.9p and then bought back at 1.65p or was I right to hold for 2.6p?" If I had sold it might have continued to climb and I wouldn't have got back in but I would have had a profit. As it is I still have my shares and will possibly make more in the longer term. We will have to see if I was right or not.but as one of the posters said " With miners they can't find less mineral in the ground unlike trading companies who can have a bad quarter of half year"